Now OPEN through Memorial Day!
Come look up, explore the Sun, the Moon and the Stars and be inspired by the wonder of it all in the new exhibit My Sky! Get your hands on an enormous 5-foot wide model of the Moon. Explore close-up images of what the Sun looked like on your birthday last year. Invent your own new constellations and get to know YOUR sky like never before.
Families are given the chance to practice science skills such as observing, communicating, noticing patterns, predicting, imagining and more — skills that are fundamental to astronomy, scientists and engineers and are used every day.
- Touch craters, mountains and valleys on a giant Moon.
- Sit by a campfire and watch the stars race across the sky.
- Observe beautiful solar events like flares, eclipses and even solar tornados.
- Learn about what causes the phases of the Moon.
- Meet scientists, artists and other people who are inspired by the sky.
My Sky was created by Boston Children's Museum and Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory and is based upon work supported by NASA under grant award Number NNX12AB91G.
Looking Up: Wednesdays from Noon – 12:30 pm
Explore “out-of-this-world” activities inspired by our newest traveling exhibit, My Sky. The sky’s the limit!