CT Summer At the Museum Program
The museum is temporarily closed for renovations and cannot wait to welcome back its beloved members and friends at our soon-to-be announced November 2021 Grand Reopening.
We’ll be unveiling beautifully upgraded spaces, including two exciting new exhibits. Track our renovation progress here!
Stepping Stones Museum for Children is a proud participant of the Connecticut Summer at the Museum – Free Admission for Kids program.
From July 1 to September 6, Connecticut children ages 18 and under, along with one accompanying adult, can visit participating museums free of charge.
While the museum’s indoor spaces are temporarily closed to the public until its November 2021 reopening, Stepping Stones is hosting limited-capacity, public events outdoors in its Celebration Courtyard this summer.
Thanks to the CT Summer at the Museum program, the museum is offering free admission to these summer events for families living in Connecticut.
Due to the generous local support of our Open Arms Accessibility Initiative, Stepping Stones is expanding upon the CT Summer at the Museum program by offering free admission this summer to CT residents not covered by the State’s program as well as all out-of-state residents visiting the museum. In other words, ADMISSION IS FREE FOR EVERYONE* for the museum’s “Sunny Days at Stepping Stones” outdoor summer programming!
The Connecticut Summer at the Museum program is part of Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont’s larger plan to use recovery funds to provide students and families with engaging summer enrichment and learning experiences in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
What to know before you visit
- The Connecticut Summer at the Museum Program runs July 1 to September 6
- Visitors must pre-register online for any public event as capacity will be limited.
- All pre-registered attendees will receive FREE admission to the museum’s outdoor, public events.*
- Staff will ask for proof of CT residency (driver’s license or proof-of-residency with photo ID) at check-in table.
- For reporting purposes, Stepping Stones must count the number of CT children and adults who visit through the initiative.
- Out-of-state visitors will receive free admission through the museum’s Open Arms Accessibility Initiative.
- In lieu of an admission fee, please consider making a donation to support the museum’s Open Arms initiative.**
- Face masks are required indoors for all guests age 2 and older.
- Adults must remain with children at all times.
- No outside food or drink is allowed.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
*Free admission offer does not apply to any school and group visits or birthday parties.
**Your support of the museum’s Open Arms Accessibility Initiative make it possible for every child to participate in the museum’s learning community.
Connecticut Summer at the Museum is made possible through an investment from the federal COVID-19 recovery funding Connecticut is receiving from the American Rescue Plan Act. The program is administered by the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development’s Office of the Arts in partnership with Connecticut Humanities.