Museum Activities for Students
Get connected with new virtual STEAM-powered (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) classes, clubs, workshops and other immersive and “happening” events from Stepping Stones Museum for Children. The NEW Stepping Stones Studio is live with a lineup of play-filled, brain-building educational offerings for young learners that inspire and delight.
Reservations and Policies
Making a Reservation
Please have the following information ready:
- Name of organization, contact name, phone number, address, and email of organization
- Grade and number of classes in your group, with number of children and adults per class
- Name of program(s) you wish to reserve
- Preferred dates and times
- Special educational or physical needs of students
- Whether you plan to stay for lunch
When making a reservation, please carefully estimate the number of children and adults in your class(es) in order to minimize the difference between your planned and actual participants. We can only hold a reservation with a deposit or full payment.
NOTE: Submission of a registration does not guarantee a reservation. Stepping Stones will try to accommodate your first choice, but reservations are subject to availability and are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% is due within two weeks of making a reservation. If we do not receive a deposit in the two weeks, the reservation date may be rescheduled.
- Purchase orders are accepted in lieu of deposits if faxed within two weeks of registration.
- For tours, final payment is due on or before the first day of the program.
- For workshops at your location, full payment is due within four weeks of making the reservation.
If your group numbers have changed since your initial reservation, call 203.899.0606, ext. 264 at least 48 hours prior to your visit. If we do not hear from you, your group will be charged for the number of participants reserved. Additional program participants will result in an additional fee due at check-in.
Stepping Stones is ADA compliant and will work with your group to accommodate special needs. Tours in Spanish are available with advance notice. Should you require additional assistance, please let us know.
Day of Procedures
Free bus parking is available in the back of our parking lot. If you arrive late, we cannot guarantee a complete program. Please note that the museum does not have indoor facilities to accommodate groups that arrive before their scheduled arrival time.
Please enter through the East Entrance and have one designated staff member check in. Be prepared with a final count of students and chaperones along with your final payment. Additional program participants will result in an additional fee due at check-in.
Weather permitting, groups may enjoy a picnic lunch in our outdoor courtyard. Indoor lunch space is limited and must be reserved in advance and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Change in Plans?
- $50 fee will be applied if reservation is rescheduled less than two weeks prior to the scheduled visit
- Reservations may be rescheduled after the announcement of an emergency school closing at your school
- All rescheduled programs must occur before the start of the following school year (by August)
50% refund will be issued if cancelled less than four weeks prior to the scheduled visit.
Groups that do not come on their scheduled arrival date will be invoiced for the full cost of their visit. The group will be unable to make further reservations until the balance is paid.
Professional Development for Educators
Teacher Training Programs
Let us create and facilitate customized Teacher Training Programs for Preschool – Grade 5. We’ll share tools to enhance and extend your efforts at creating hands-on, multidisciplinary programs for students.
Call 203.899.0606, ext. 209 for more information.
Family and Teacher Resource Center
Recently, The Pitney Bowes Foundation Family and Teacher Resource Center has undergone an exciting new change: a new, larger location, fresh look, and bigger plan! The new location will be able to accommodate larger groups, so we are currently developing even bigger and better programs.
The Family and Teacher Resource Center will soon be overflowing with interactive kits, books, puzzles, multimedia games, and apps — everything you need to fully enrich the Stepping Stones experience. Parents, caregivers, and teachers will soon have access to the latest information and programs about learning through play, early literacy, 21st century learning skills, and the developmental needs of young children, helping them to facilitate a child’s learning — at home or school. Stay tuned as we continue to redefine this great, new space.