Booking Now for Virtual Workshops
Get connected with new virtual STEAM-powered (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) classes, clubs, workshops and other immersive and “happening” events from Stepping Stones Museum for Children.
The NEW Stepping Stones Studio is live with a lineup of play-filled, brain-building educational offerings for young learners that inspire and delight.
Reservations and Policies
Making a Reservation
Please have the following information ready:
- Name of organization, contact name, phone number, address, and email of organization
- Grade and number of classes in your group, with number of children and adults per class
- Name of program(s) you wish to reserve
- Preferred dates and times
- Special educational or physical needs of students
- Whether you plan to stay for lunch
When making a reservation, please carefully estimate the number of children and adults in your class(es) in order to minimize the difference between your planned and actual participants. We can only hold a reservation with a deposit or full payment.
NOTE: Submission of a registration does not guarantee a reservation. Stepping Stones will try to accommodate your first choice, but reservations are subject to availability and are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% is due within two weeks of making a reservation. If we do not receive a deposit in the two weeks, the reservation date may be rescheduled.
- Purchase orders are accepted in lieu of deposits if faxed within two weeks of registration.
- For tours, final payment is due on or before the first day of the program.
- For workshops at your location, full payment is due within four weeks of making the reservation.
If your group numbers have changed since your initial reservation, call 203.899.0606, ext. 264 at least 48 hours prior to your visit. If we do not hear from you, your group will be charged for the number of participants reserved. Additional program participants will result in an additional fee due at check-in.
Stepping Stones is ADA compliant and will work with your group to accommodate special needs. Tours in Spanish are available with advance notice. Should you require additional assistance, please let us know.
Change in Plans?
- $50 fee will be applied if reservation is rescheduled less than two weeks prior to the scheduled visit
- Reservations may be rescheduled after the announcement of an emergency school closing at your school
- All rescheduled programs must occur before the start of the following school year (by August)
50% refund will be issued if cancelled less than four weeks prior to the scheduled visit.
Groups that do not come on their scheduled arrival date will be invoiced for the full cost of their visit. The group will be unable to make further reservations until the balance is paid.